Dorchester School District Two has a rich history of school volunteerism. Each year, over 3,500 volunteers contribute hundreds of thousands of hours in District Two Schools.
Volunteers may serve in many capacities, including those listed below, to name a few:
- Reading stories to students
- Assisting with field trips
- Helping in learning centers, libraries, cafeterias, offices, etc.
- Monitoring exams
- Listening to children read
- Organizing parents for special projects
- Lecturing on special topics
Our volunteer family is made up of parents, students, grandparents, community senior citizens, school business partners, and community organizations. Volunteers may commit as little or as much time as their schedule will allow--from thirty minutes a day or a week to one or more days per week--any amount of time makes a big difference as is greatly appreciated! For more information, reach out to the school.